WELCOME to our East London Photographs and Wild Ramblings blog - come ramble along with us, and see East London through our eyes.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fireworks display in East London at the East London harbour


I took these firworks display photos some years ago - about 8 years ago I think, at the East London harbour festival. I had an old manual SLR camera, and this was my first attempt at taking fireworks pictures. I used the "B" setting, and kept the shutter down for as long as I wanted, to capture the light in the sky - I didn't have a tripod, and just held my breath trying to keep very still. I think I held the camera shutter in position for about only 4 seconds, perhaps even less. Although these photos are not as clear as I would have liked, I'm relatively pleased with the results. I haven't seen a great fireworks display in a few years now, and am keen to also take my boys to see a good fireworks display - I wonder when there will be another good display in East London? I don't mean little sparklers and small displays, but great big rockets exploding all over the sky - like the display that night at the East London harbour which was awesome.
(post by Terry)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments! Um, be nice though, k? :)